At present there are 43 Government & Government aided Homoeopathy medical colleges in india.
- Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy(CCRH) is an apex research organization under Ministry of AYUSH, which undertakes coordinates, develops, disseminates and promotes scientific research in Homoeopathy through its network of 24 research centres and 06 Homoeopathic treatment centres and is carrying out intramural research including collaboration with institutes of excellence and promoting Homoeopathy. For promotion of Homoeopathy, CCRH is also participating in National/ State level Arogya Melas/ Health camps/ exhibition to promote and popularize Homoeopathy among general masses. As part of IEC program, CCRH has developed information and educative material for the commonpeople which are distributed free of cost to the general public through Exhibitions / Health Melas / Seminars etc. Further, Council has undertaken following Public Health Initiative programmes: -
i. The programme ‘Homoeopathy for Healthy teething’ which is a component of ‘Homoeopathy for healthy child’ at identified districts (GoutamBudh Nagar, Palghar, Gorakhpur, Kamrup, Cuttack, Delhi, Jaipur and Ranchi)
- SwasthyaRakshan program has been launched which is being undertaken through 11 institutes adopting 55 villages under the Council. Local population are being provided health care at their door step.
- Health camps are undertaken at SC dominated villages at 9 centres under CCRH covering 30 villages.
- CCRH also promotes Homoeopathy through social media, such as facebook pages, twitter account, etc.
- Participating in poshan maha abhiyan through its centers.
- Participating in the activities related to Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- National Institute of Homoeopathy (NIH), Kolkata is an Autonomous Institute under this Ministry which is imparting undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in Homoeopathy. It is also having 100 bedded Homeopathic Hospital. NIH, Kolkata is also participating in National Arogya Health Melas / Seminars etc. for promoting and popularizing Homoeopathy amongst general masses.
- National AYUSH Mission (NAM)-Ministry of AYUSH is implementing Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission (NAM) through States / UTs for promotion and development of AYUSH systems of Medicine including Homoeopathy. State/ UT Governments may avail the eligible financial assistance by submitting the suitable proposal as per NAM guidelines through their State Annual Action Plans (SAAPs). The Mission inter-alia makes following provisions for promotion of AYUSH systems including Homoeopathy:
(i) Co-location of AYUSH facilities including Homoeopathy at Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and Districts Hospitals (DHs).
(ii) Supply of essential drugs including Homoeopathy to AYUSH hospitals and dispensaries.
(iii) Up gradation of exclusive/standalone State Government AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries including Homoeopathy.
(iv) Setting up of upto 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospital including Homoeopathy.
(v) Infrastructural development of AYUSH under-Graduate and Post Graduate institutions including Homoeopathy.
(vi) Establishment of new AYUSH colleges including Homoeopathy in the States where availability of AYUSH teaching institutions is inadequate in Government Sector.
(vii) Establishment of AYUSH Health & Wellness Centres including Homoeopathy by upgrading AYUSH Dispensaries and existing Sub Health Centres.
- National Commission for Homoeopathy - Ministry of AYUSH by its notification dated 5th July, 2021 repealed the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973 (59 of 1973) and constituted a commission namely National Commission for Homoeopathy, to exercise the powers conferred upon, and to perform the functions assigned to it, under the National Commission for Homoeopathy Act, 2020. Commission has drawn standards for education and practice of Homoeopathy, regulates the same for promoting Homoeopathic system of medicine. Under AzadikaAmrutMohatsav, Homoeopathic Medical Colleges were directed to create awareness among school students. During Ayush week (30.08.2021 to 05.09.2021), total 151 colleges participated actively in celebration and faculty imparted Ayush awareness lectures to total 72,402 school students. During October, November months, 65264 students were benefited by 713 awareness lectures. 377 medical camps were organized wherein 42615 populations has been benefitted.
- Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H), is a subordinate office under Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India for Development of Pharmacopoeias and Formularies as well as acting as Central Drug Testing cum Appellate Laboratory for Indian systems of Medicine & Homoeopathy.
Pharmacopoeia standards for Homoeopathic drugs are established through publication of Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India (HPI) by PCIM&H on behalf of Ministry of AYUSH. Till date 10 volumes of HPI covering 1117 monographs have been published.
- Ministry of AYUSH developed a Central Sector Scheme namely Establishment of AYUSH Super speciality hospital/ day care centres under which financial assistance in the form of interest subsidy is provided to the private investors for Establishment of World Class, State of the Art Super Speciality Hospitals/ Day Care Centres of the systems recognized underNational Commission for Indian System of MedicineAct, 2020 &National Commission for Homoeopathy Act, 2020 on pan India basis, which includes Homoeopathy system of medicine.
This information was given by Minister of Ayush Shri Sarbananda Sonowal in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on Tuesday.