Platform for Corporates & PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through CSR funds
Indian Railways, with its vast network and presence across the length and breadth of the country, has always been at the forefront to serve the society. Railways is taking various initiatives for upgrading its infrastructure, technology, hygiene among host of other things for an enhanced passenger experience.
Railways has identified opportunities in areas wherein corporate collaborations can be fostered which can positively impact the entire ecosystem under Railways. In this regard, Minister of Railways and Coal, Piyush Goyal launched a web portal www.railsahyog.in on Tuesday. The web portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
The companies desirous of contributing can show willingness on the portal by registering their requests. The requests will be processed by Railway officials. Based on the principle of first come first serve, the requests will be shortlisted and selected applicants will be intimated to deposit the funds with Railways/nominated agencies like RITES/RAILTEL etc. The nominated agency will get the work executed thereafter.
The activities identified to be funded through CSR are :
- Construction of toilets in circulating areas of all stations with provision of low cost sanitary pad vending machine & incinerator in female toilets and condom vending machine in male toilets and initial one year maintenance. Approximate Cost per station: Rs. 22-30 Lakh.
- Providing free Wi-Fi at stations through setting up Hotspots. Approximate cost per station: Rs. 10.30 lakhs to Rs 12.30 lakhs
- Provision of Benches at station Platforms as facility for senior citizens/disabled. Approximate cost per set: Rs. 17500 to Rs. 47500
- Bottle crushing machines at 2175 major stations for ensuring environmental sustainability. The empty plastic water/cold drink bottles generated from the Railway passengers will be crushed in these machines to manage plastic pollution. Approximate cost per machine: Rs. 3.5 lakhs to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs.
- Dustbins at all stations for Swachh Bharat will help in preventing littering around. Separate dustbins for wet/dry waste need to be provided at circulating area of Station and Platforms. Approximate cost per set (two dustbins) : Rs. 4500
Based on the response received, further additional items will be considered for funding through CSR.
For any information, kindly contact “Rail Sahyog” through e-mail mentioned below:-